Hello People. This article is titled Arduino UNO Pins explained. Arduino Uno is one of the most popular microcontroller. It has the development board based on 8-bit ATmega328P microcontroller. In addition to ATmega328P MCU IC, it consists other components such as crystal oscillator, serial communication, voltage regulator, etc. to support the microcontroller.
Arduino Uno has 14 digital input/output pins (6 of them can be used as PWM outputs), 6 analog input pins, a USB connection, A Power barrel jack, an ICSP header and a reset button.
How to use Arduino UNO Pins
As explained above, the 14 digital input/output pins can be used as input or output pins by using pinMode(), digitalRead() and digitalWrite() functions in arduino programming. Each pin operates at 5V and can provide or receive a maximum of 40mA current, and has an internal pull-up resistor of 20-50 KOhms which are disconnected by default. Out of these 14 pins, some pins have specific functions as listed below:
- Serial Pins 0 (Rx) and 1 (Tx): Rx and Tx pins are used to receive and transmit TTL serial data. They are connected with the corresponding ATmega328P USB to TTL serial chip.
- External Interrupt Pins 2 and 3: These pins can be configured to trigger an interrupt on a low value, a rising or falling edge, or a change in value.
- PWM Pins 3, 5, 6, 9 and 11: These pins provide an 8-bit PWM output by using analogWrite() function.
- SPI Pins 10 (SS), 11 (MOSI), 12 (MISO) and 13 (SCK): These pins are used for SPI communication.
- In-built LED Pin 13: This pin is connected with an built-in LED, when pin 13 is HIGH – LED is on and when pin 13 is LOW, its off.
Along with 14 Digital pins, there are 6 analog input pins. Each of them provide 10 bits of resolution, i.e. 1024 different values. They measure from 0 to 5 volts but this limit can be increased by using AREF pin with analog Reference() function.
- Analog pin 4 (SDA) and pin 5 (SCA) also used for TWI communication using Wire library.
Arduino Uno has two other pins as explained below:
- AREF: Used to provide reference voltage for analog inputs with analogReference() function.
- Reset Pin: Making this pin LOW, resets the microcontroller.
Hope this article titled Arduino UNO Pins explained is useful to you. Please read Install PIP for Python on Windows